The Christmas holiday is fast approaching. Have you completed your gift shopping list or still giving a thought on what to get for your loved ones, associates, or even for yourself? Allow us to help you find that perfect present in the tradition of the yuletide season.
Seven Classic Christmas Gift Ideas
- Books – the most practical choice in terms of availability. No one can go wrong in giving this one; there is an extensive selection of topics and titles from contemporary, fiction, inspirational, novel series. Cookbooks are also very handy to give to a foodie friend. And to a more tech-savvy recipient, electronic books (e-books) are perfect too. The price range is quite flexible and people of all ages would appreciate receiving them.
- Toys, Games, Dolls – according to a survey done by Fairfax Media, at least 48% of Christmas shopping went to this category, and I have no doubt about it as anywhere else in the world, the merriment of the occasion is always focused on children. Educational toys, board games and puzzles can be played by both children and adults. There are also electronic games that appeal to the kids and other individuals who are into video games, which remains very popular even with the presence of downloadable game apps.
- Accessories and clothing – shoes, bags, scarves, eyewear, hats, jacket, fancy adornments – the lists goes on. The target recipient would mostly be men and women. I mean, who doesn’t need them, right? Price tag varies and is suitable to any age bracket as well.
- Home furnishings/home wares – about 47% Christmas shopping spending belongs to this category. Most favoured by those who are fond of styling their homes. Beautiful furniture items (chairs, tables, shelves, dressers, etc.), luxurious classic linen sheets and beddings, and other home decors ( collectable figurines, craft items and just about a million other things). Most people love dressing up their homes so gifts such as these are usually appreciated.
- Gift cards/gift certificates & vouchers – not having enough time to shop? Or perhaps uncertain of what Christmas present to get for a friend or colleague, then this one is for you. Convenient, stretchy price range and absolutely no need to trouble yourself with wrapping papers. Plus this can be used either online or in-store shopping.
- Jewellery – very appealing to women of all ages, accounts for yet another popular gift-giving selection. Pricier that most on our list especially those fitting to high-end brands and styles, but it’s the season of lavish generosity so why not?
- Food and wine gifts – how about lovely wine and chocolate hampers? Of course, homemade goodies made with love are still highly appreciated. Food and wine can be easily bought and are best for that last minute shopping. It is not too heavy on the pocket too.
Now, have you made up your mind on your gift list? Whatever you choose, gifts of any kind are always a special treat. The gesture of thoughtfulness brings more meaning to the Christmas season. It’s the season of giving after all and what better way to express this kind of joy and happiness to the family and friends than by gift giving.